Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Radio Station Contests




I never had much thought into actually entering those contests on the radio till this past week. My thought process was, " What are the odds of winning? Certainly I will never be one of those lucky people." Well I got wild and crazy and unlike myself and decided to do it. Our local radio station has a weekly drawing for all the bussiness here in town for a free lunch for 10 at TGIFriday's. So I submitted our name for the fun of it and low and behold got a phone call on Friday afternoon saying we had won! I don't know about you, but I feel that radio DJs and news anchors from the local news are like Hollywood celebrities, so when I heard the DJ, Dee, from the radio station on the other end of the line I nearly fell out of my chair in excietment. I was on Cloud nine the rest of the day and weekend and yesterday when we actually got to have our lunch. What I didn't know was the DJ's were going to be eating eating lunch with us as well. That just tops my list of cool things that can happen in College Station. Well it was the greatest lunch and I was nervous the whole time. I have to be the silliest person but oh well!

KO and Dee - My College Station Celebrities!

3 comments:

James & Kristen said...

That's awesome! I hardly ever win anything so I would have been just as excited as you!

Nefilinda said...

Yay! You're always a winner to me, Holliebear! :P hehehe...hey, we need to get together for rummy!!! I am dying to give Mick a run for his..er..pride! :P Love you! ~Nefilinda

Em said...

That is so cool! Good work! I never enter contests b/c I never win anyway!